16 July, 2017

Week 1 Recap } Week 2 goals

So, we are at the end of Week 1.

I am still not in love with the formatting, and honestly, despite the ease of putting everything in one place, I am hating have to blog daily. It's making it a chore. I barely do my *actual* chores. SOOO, I might switch this to once a week, with occasional daily updates for something spectacular. Who knows, will continue to mess with it until I find a formula I like. . .

So, lets break down my challenges and see how I did:


  • - Cook at home at 4 nights every week and if eating out the other nights, keep calories to under 500 and drink 4 large tumblers of water a day 
    • Monday dinner: Hassleback Chicken with lightly sauced veg and potato, with and indulgently delish beer                                   
    • Tuesday - make at home Tacos - healthy pulled salsa chicken, beans, lettuce, guac and a touch of sour cream and cheese with homemade lavender jasmine iced tea                            
    • Wednesday - ate out 1. the boys rioted and voted Pizza. I stuck with a small veggie sub - under 500cal                                           
    • Thusday - Grilled steak, big green salad, potato salad and more homemade iced tea
    • Friday - left over steak, over a large salad and since it was a weekend a little soda treat  
    • Saturday - ate out 2. Burrito Loco, which is basically a less hipster Chipotle. I ordered a steak salad, calculating calories around 540, but I had intentionally eaten lighter earlier in the day to make up for it and made sure to leave off any chips, etc
    • Sunday - bacon & cheddar pork patty with some fries. Ok, so my cooking chops were worn out and it was a freezer roulette kind of night. Kept my portions smallish at least. 
    • CHALLENGE SCORE = 6.5 of of 7 ✓
  • Walk at least 10 minutes a day at work
    • Monday - 14 minutes, .72 miles
    • Tuesday - 19 minutes, 1.07 miles *note; had to be after work because of weather and general work ickyness, but I still made sure to walk
    • Wednesday - 15 minutes, .8 miles
    • Thursday - 16 minutes, .79 miles
    • Friday - 14 minutes, .78 mile
    • EXTRA CREDIT: Friday, again - 16 minutes, .82 miles
    • EXTRA CREDIT: Sunday - 19 minutes, 1.01 miles
    • CHALLENGE SCORE: 6.5 out of 5 ✓
  • Work way up to doing the Nerd Fitness Body weight workout out 3 times a week, over three weeks (1st week = 1 time, 2nd week = 2 times, 3rd week = 3 times, 4th week = 3 times)
    • So this one time, in eighth grade, I waited til the night before to do my science fair project, and the next morning I rolled in with a sheet of cardboard covered in computer paper and some sharpie drawn charts on how much I liked tea, and if I felt relaxed afterwards. I basically only even put that much effort fort so they had to give me some kind of grade, rather then flat out fail me. This, is kind of like that. I kept putting it off, cause I always had some other day this week to do it. It was easy to do, because in order to do the work out I also had to complete part of my bat cave quest which is to clean out the sunroom to get some floor space in which to work out. 
    • CHALLENGE SCORE = 0 out of 1 ❌
  • Start bedtime process at 10:30 every night
    • You will note, that I am in fact posting this AFTER 10:30. Take that as a sign of things to come. However, the sleep journal I did keep kind of showed a trend that the earlier I started my process, the longer it took me to fall asleep. Going to keep gunning for a 10:30 start time, but thinking of adjusting goal to be an 11:00 actual bed time 
    • Monday: 10:45
    • Tuesday : 10:35
    • Wednsday : 11:00 
    • Thursday: 11:00
    • Friday: 1:00
    • Saturday: 12:30
    • Sunday: 11:30 (till I get done writing this up and posting etc)
    • CHALLENGE SCORE: 2 out of 7 ❌

Other Challenges:

  • - Bat Cave: the moving the soda and cookies has helped. The walking shoes at my desk are the only reason I was really able to push through walking every day at work. Still have to do the stinking sun room
  • - Hack your sleep: my sleep journal was dodgey over the weekend. Basically... I didn't do it. So while I have a few days journaled under my belt, this will still be a work in progress
  • - Personal quests: Continued work on my "Upgrade your keep" quests and spent all day Saturday digging out the jungle that was growing in my front garden and pulling the weeds from my patio. Also, not a formal quest, but unlocked achievement 'help friend in need' and got said friend moved in to our second spare room until she can get back on her feet after making some life changes


Revised and new challenges for Week:

  • - Continue with 4 main challenges
    • Adjust: Start bedtime process every WEEK night at 10:30
  • - Specify!: Complete Bat Cave quest by Friday afternoon
  • - If Bat Cave has not yet been completed, still do BBWW, in the bathroom if that is the only available space. Other possible locations are in the living room (AM, before everyone is awake so they don't see me blubbering every where), Front porch, back patio area, laundry room
  • - Specify!: Do BBWW Tuesday and Thursday



No comments:

Post a Comment