08 July, 2017

"As of this moment, I declare the inquisition reborn"


How does a completely sedentary gaming addiction help one get inspired to get fit.

Cassandra Allegra Portia Calogera Filomena Pentaghast that's how.

I had been binge playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for like a year straight and realized that I have a friend who is the spitting image of Lelianna. It started as a joke - I said we should cosplay together and I would be Cassandra.

But then I realized - I don't just want to dress up like  Cassandra. I want to be like Cassandra

Cassandra is everything I want to be - a better version of myself.

She is the super tough, strong amazing fighter (like seriously, one of the best tanks you can roll with), and yet is also a complete sucker for totally girly things like romance novels. Gotta love a kick ass bookworm!

She is adamantly no-nonsense, doesn't take shit from any one and is a force to be reckoned with when she see something that needs doing. And yet, she is also willing to admit she was wrong about something, change her opinion on people.

She has a quick temper, but is ultimately driven by kindness and wanting to good. Her dedication and faith in the Maker and the Chantry is both realistic in acknowledging it's shortcomings, but absolute in the most sincere of ways.

She has a disgusted noise and an eye roll that is par excellence!

She is all the characters I have read, written, RP'd and played my entire nerdy life. She is what, looking back, I have realized I always wanted to be, and could be, if I had an ounce of her determination.

Surprisingly, when you google, 'Work out that will make me look like Cassandra Pentaghast', not much comes up in the results. 'Warrior Workout' leads to all kinds of crazy 90 day shreds and spartan work outs. I would probably die if I tried jumping into that cold turkey. But left to my own devices I will do what I always do - have no idea how to really get started, half ass something, get frustrated after a day or two and eat my body weight in cheese to spite the universe (which actually doesn't care how much cheese I eat)

Then I found something amazing. Nerd Fitness is this awesome website, geared towards the (obviously) nerd crowd. It basically translated fitness, all the things I theoretically know about it already, into relatable and understandable terms.

Messed around with the free resources for a week. Lurked on the forums. Did some basic challenges, and realized, yeah, this is a fitness formula I might be able to stick with. Took the plunge and actually paid for the Academy program.

And now here we are.

So begins my personal Inquistion. To become more like her - to become a better version of myself. To not be content just reading or writing about the strong warrior women, but to be one.


This blog will be my journal as I seek to become more like Cassandra - what I eat, how much I work out, how much I sleep, how much I better myself as a person, along with inspiration, failures, funny stories and anything else I discover along my way.



2 comments:

  1. This is great! My only comment on the visual is maybe making the text a tad bit larger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback! I was thinking the same thing about the text, but couldn't make up my mind on it. Consider it done!

      Delete